Sunday, December 14, 2008

weekend update

What a great weekend.  Yesterday we had friends over for a brunch, and before you could say "please pass the mimosas" eight hours went by and we all ended up watching "It's a Wonderful Life" by the fireplace.  We are now officially big fans of brunch for entertaining.  Great friends, great food, great drinks, and great coffee thanks to Mr Salvatore and Intelligentsia Black Cat Espresso blend.  Not a bad way to spend the day!
Today we Christmas shopped, mostly online.  There's something almost decadent about laying in bed with a cup of coffee an a laptop click click clicking your way into a gift giving frenzy thanks to the internet and the US mail.  However, both Darcy and I had a couple things for which we had to go to stores, so off we went into the fray.  I'm glad we both made it back with our collective sanity intact.
Then I headed on down to the river and had a great run along the Potomac.  I sure do love the water.  As long as I have any choice in the matter I'll live not far from water.  After all, water reminds me of boating, one of the most addictive, wonderful, enjoyable, depressurizing passions known to mankind.  I once heard a quote, and even though I can't remember to whom it should be attributed, it's always stuck with me; "If there is magic in this world, it is contained in water."  Just so.